field status for Austin Womens Soccer League - The fields are currently OPEN
BUILDING COMMUNITY THROUGH SOCCER
Our athletic park is located at 2310 Bliss Spillar Rd on land owned by The Marbridge Foundation.
The current park contains four natural grass fields. We are the home base for Capital City Soccer Club and the Austin Women’s Soccer League. We rent out our fields to other organizations including The Archery Training Center, Neighborhood Sports flag football and others.
We are just getting started! While our park is a functioning park that serves the community the finished park will truly reflect the beautiful coming together of the community and several non-profits. The complete park plan includes a proper parking surface, permanent lights, bathrooms, an indoor building, a walking trail, a playground, art and 5,000 smiling faces every week!
It will take the generosity of people and organizations who believe in the power of sports and community. Please consider donating to our organization or taking advantage of a sponsorship opportunity to promote your business to the hundreds of park visitors every week.
Interested in renting our park, sponsoring our park or simply learning more?
Please note we give precedence to youth non-profits. We are not staffed to accommodate one-off rentals and our long-term rentals are mostly booked up. All renters must have a COI that names Marbridge on the policy. For park rental consideration please email your request to email@example.com or call 512-844-9603
Join our founders wall of champions now. BE A PART OF GETTING THE SPORTS PARK BUILT!
BuildSoccer is the driving force behind this life-changing project for kids, families and the region’s special needs community. We’re committed to addressing the field inequity issue by building safe facilities where the community can bond through sport.
Be on the TEAM OF VISIONARY SUPPORTERS TO BRING THIS EXCITING PARK TO LIFE!
We have everything in place, but the funding to build an
ATHLETIC PARK FOR THE COMMUNITY
Want to be involved in a big way? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-844-9603 to schedule a meeting!
BUILDSOCCER AND AWSL FEATURED IN LOCAL MAGAZINE
We were thrilled to be recognized for our partnership and work in a local magazine read by thousands. We are so happy to welcome AWSL to the park and give them a home base to grow their league. We now have 4 non-profits working together to do great things for the community.
BuildSoccer was on KXAN news!
Please click here to learn more about donation and sponsorship opportunities to help us "build community through soccer".
This is Important
Athletics and competitive sports are vital to a child's development into a healthy, well-rounded adult. Austin kids are underserved with soccer parks especially in comparison to surrounding cities in Texas!
Did You Know? And Can You Believe This?
- The City of Austin maintains zero soccer parks. While Travis County maintains 22 fields in 3 different parks, these parks are in the suburbs and are on average a 45 minute drive from the location of our proposed soccer park.
- SAN ANTONIO
- Bexar County recently invested $80 million supporting 73 soccer fields across 8 soccer parks.
- The Dallas Parks and Rec Department maintains 96 soccer fields; 38 lighted and 58 non-lighted. When adding the suburbs that number triples.
- Harris County maintains approx 196 soccer fields across 20 parks within/near the city loop. When adding the suburbs that number doubles.
HEALTHY, ACTIVE, FAMILY BONDING
We have goals to continue to serve the community after the soccer park is built!
- Partner with Capital City Soccer Club, a new, local youth soccer club that will serve a large number of families with children ranging in age between 6 and 18 and support the maintenance of the park.
- Establish a BuildSoccer community recreational soccer program.
- Coach a Marbridge Special Olympics soccer team and provide soccer clinics to support active, healthy lifestyles of the Marbridge residents.
- Launch a Soccer for Success Program which is the U.S. Soccer Foundation’s program for youth development that uses running sports leagues to combat childhood obesity and promote healthy lifestyles in low-income urban neighborhoods.
- Become host to TOPSoccer which is a community-based training and team placement program for young athletes with disabilities.
- Partner with other organizations in the community such as group exercise clubs, after school care programs, summer camps and more to fully utilize the park.
- Support other sports programs such as flag football and lacrosse.
- Integrate with the Marbridge residents through work internships, paid positions for field management and volunteer opportunities.
- Become a site for regional Special Olympics events.
- Utilize technology to optimize the park availability for interested organizations in the community.